A Brief Parish History
The Parish of the Ascension in Mount Pearl can trace its origins to a service of worship held on October 12, 1952 in a converted garage made available by the late James Billard. This service was conducted by the Rev. Canon A. B. S. Stirling, then Rector of the Parish of St. Mary the Virgin in St. John's.
With the induction of our Rector, the Reverend David Burrows, our parish has developed and entered into the following covenant of ministry to God between The Bishop of the Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador and The Parish of the Ascension, Mount Pearl.