Purpose and Aims
The purpose and aims of Anglican Church Women are to provide the opportunity in the Diocese for all women to be united in a fellowship of worship, learning and offering with a view to deepen and strengthen their devotional life. It is to make all women of the Diocese aware of the total mission of the Church and to lead them into fuller Christian service.
ACW meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. At meetings we discuss participation in various activities and fellowships. We help with the many socials, special workshops, lunches, dinners, and fund raisers to which our parish is committed.
There are many sub committees that actively involve our members. These include Altar Guild, Sick Visiting, Social, and Family Life.
New members are always welcome. If you are interested, just come to any meeting or talkto one of our members.
A few of the many activities that the ACW organizes and runs on an annual basis are:
- Prepare and serve Thanksgiving Dinner (fund raidser)
- Assist MSC with their Lobster Boil (fund raiser)
- Prepare flowers for Mothering Sunday
- Provide evening lunch for residents of St Luke's Home
- Hold a Christmas pot luck supper
- Corporate Communion Breakfast
- Assist with the Fall Fair (fund raiser)
- Cater to social hour after Family Service
Executive for 2013
- President: Ruby Clarke
- Vice President: Diana Beck
- Secretary: Hilda Murray
- Treasurer: Elizabeth Baker
A little view of our fellowship