How we must affirm, accept, and welcome visitors and members into the life of the parish.
So he came and proclaimed peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near; for through him both of us have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. In him the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built together spiritually into a dwelling place for God.
Ephesians 2:17B – 22
The main responsibilities of the Fellowship Committee include:
- Being a liaison with the Anglican Church Women, Men's Service Club and the Youth Group.
- Being a liaison with Sidespersons.
- Coordinate the Post Confirmation Meal.
- Coordinate “For Profit” Fellowship Activities:
- Card Game
- Turkey Take outs
- Lobster Boil
- Fall Sale
- Goods and Talent Auction
- Memorial Hymn Sing
- Flea Markets
Opportunities for Ministry
Besides serving as a member of the Worship Committee, other opportunities include:
- Anglican Church Women: Become a member of the Anglican Church Women.
- Men's Service Club: Become a member of the Men's Service Club.
- Family Service Social Hour: Help prepare and serve refreshments for the social hour after family service which is generally held at 11:00 a.m. on the last Sunday of each month.
- Special Parish Events: Help with food preparation and serving, publicity, welcoming at events such as the Fall Fair, Turkey Tea Take-Outs, concerts, vacation bible school, and Christmas at the Ascension Dinner Theatre.
- Ascension Cafe: Help prepare food, act as host, and help with the clean up following "breakfast" that is served after 8:30 a.m. Holy Communion service each Sunday.