We share our gifts with the parish, the community, and the world, we are sharing with God and returning upon Him what He has given us.
Just then a lawyer stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he said, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” He said to him, “What is written in the law? What do you read there?” He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbour as yourself.” And he said to him, “You have given the right answer; do this, and you will live.”
Luke 10:25 – 28
The duties of the Outreach Committee include coordinating parish involvement in each of the following:
- Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund
- The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival
- Christmas Hampers for the less fortunate.
- Christmas Dinner for Mount Pearl with The Good Shepherd
- Community Foodsharing
Opportunities for Ministry
Besides serving as a member of the Outreach Committee, other opportunities include:
- Primate's World Relief & Development Fund (PWRDF): Contribute financially and/or increase awareness in the parish.
- Drive Food to Food Banks: On a rotation basis, help out to ensure food reaches those in need.
- Miscellaneous Outreach Projects: Help with Frosty Festival Breakfast, Flea Markets, and Christmas Shoeboxes.