Stewardship involves joyous acts of thanksgiving in response to all that God has given us. We are Godís stewards. What we do grows out of our relationship with him.
Then all the congregation of the Israelites withdrew from the presence of Moses. And they came, everyone whose heart was stirred, and everyone whose spirit was willing, and brought the LORDíS offering.
Exodus 35:20B Ė 21
The main responsibilities of the Stewardship Committee include:
- Education: enabling the parish to better understand their role as steward of the Gospel and Godís World looking at:
- Environmental Impact
- Spiritual Impact
- Physical Impact
- Community Impact
- Communication: Communicate the coordination of Zones in the parish, and the proper distribution of information by developing an effective parish list and parish gifts inventory.
- Action: Coordinate Recycling Program, other stewardship endeavours, and the Stewardship dinner.
Opportunities for Ministry
Besides serving as a member of the Stewardship Committee, other opportunities include:
- Office Volunteer: Occasionally help with mail preparation, e.g. stuffing envelopes and labeling, or assisting a half day each week in the office as receptionist.
- Drivers to Worship: Provide people with rides to worship services on Sundays at 8:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., or 6:30 p.m.
- Property and Grounds Committee: Help with various jobs around the church and property, e.g. carpentry, painting, gardening, repairs, etc.
- Ascension Tidy: Help with weekly cleaning of the church and parish centre, and help set up and clean up from various parish events.