How our lives are strengthened and transformed when we, as a community, gather to offer God thanks and praise.
“I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2
- During the week - Morning prayer daily at 9:30 a.m.(except Wednesday & Saturday)
- Wednesdays - Holy Eucharist at 9:30 a.m.
- Sundays - Services at 8:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 6:30 p.m.
- Special Occasions - As announced in the Chimes
The duties of the committee include the following:
- Reflecting on the worship schedule and recommending the form and nature of worship to Vestry, and enabling liturgical groups to respond to those recommendations.
- Plan key liturgical celebrations of the
year including Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, Easter,
Opportunities for Ministry
Besides serving as a member of the Worship Committee, other opportunities include:
- Altar Guild: Work as a team member to prepare the altar and church for all worship, including weddings and funerals
- Server's Guild: Assist in the sanctuary during worship and serve Sundays at 8:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 6:30 p.m. This is a ministry for young people in grades four and up.
- Senior Choir: Singing and musical leadership each Sunday and on special occasions such as Christmas and Easter. The choir meets for rehearsal on Wednesdays from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Junior Choir: Sing in the church each Sunday and on special occasions. This is a ministry for youth aged 5 and up. They meet every Wednesday from 6:15 to 7:00 p.m. for rehearsal.
- Prayers of the People: On a regularly scheduled basis, prepare and lead the prayers of the people during worship.
- Reader's Guild: On a regularly scheduled basis, read the assigned weekly bible lesson during the service. Readers are needed for all Sunday and special occasion services.
- Children's Focus Leader: At the 11:00 a.m. service, occasionally lead the children's focus based on the theme they are studying.
- Sidesperson's Association: On a regularly scheduled basis, provide assistance at all worship services.
- A.I.M. Services: Be on a team to provide worship at nursing and retirement homes on a monthly basis.